Here is a new tutorial to make your very own ring holder. I used to have my rings stored on a pretty plate, but they would always turn upside down, so I would only see the back of them. Now I have a way to display them properly.
This craft was really easy to do. Check out below for instructions:
1. Gather your supplies: thick fabric (like cheap felt, an old towel, ect) decorative fabric, hot glue gun and sticks, scissors and a show box lid. (Or any lid you seem fitting.)
2. Cut out strips of your thick fabric the same width as your box.
3. Roll until they are a tad bigger than your thumb and cut at that length.
4. Use hot glue to secure your rolled fabric.
5. Continue rolling and cutting your fabric until you can snuggly fit enough of them in your lid.
6. Cut a strip of decorative fabric that is as wide as your box and three times the length (to be safe). Glue the right side of your fabric to the internal side of your box lid.
7. Add your first fabric roll and add a line of glue right after it.
8. Bring your decorative fabric over the fabric roll and secure by pressing down on the hot glue line.
9. Bring your decorative fabric back up again and add your second fabric roll. Continue adding rolls and gluing until you reach the end of your lid.
10. Trim any excess fabric and tuck your free edge into the box lid to hide it. Add your rings and tada! And ribbon, rhinestones, or trim around the edges of your rolls if the free edges bother you.
I found this "classy burlap" in a remnant bin at JoAnn's.